Frequently Asked Questions: Housing
Click a question to reveal the answer.
As a tenant, you have the right to expect the following:
- You should be able to know and understand the terms of your tenancy.
- Know the name and address of your landlord.
- Expect a property which is safe, secure and in a decent standard of repair - Lichfield District Council has powers to enforce a property repair notice on the landlord of a property which is in a poor state of repair or take action against landlords of unfit properties.
- Reasonable notice if the landlord wishes to expect the property.
- Proper notice if the landlord wishes the tenant to leave a property.
- 'Quiet Enjoyment' while living in the property - That is, you should be able to live in your property without undue disturbance, and can exclude anyone from the premises, including the landlord.
For more information, see the leaflet below: