Housing benefit - for housing association tenants
Can I get help with housing or moving costs?
This means, even if you already receive housing benefit, you may be able to get some extra money called 'discretionary housing payment' (DHP). You may also be able to apply for help if you are moving into a smaller house because your housing benefit has been cut.
The funding is not enough to support everyone, but if you are in real need, we recommend you read:
Pages in Housing benefit - for housing association tenants
- 1. A handy online guide
- 2. How many bedrooms am I entitled to?
- 3. What if I have too many bedrooms?
- 4. What if I have a room for a carer or I'm recently bereaved?
- 5. What if I am pregnant?
- 6. My housing benefit has been cut - what can I do?
- 7. What happens if I don't pay my rent?
- 8. You are here: Can I get help with housing or moving costs?
- 9. What is the benefits cap?
- 10. Need help and support?