Welcome to Development Plans and Implementation
The Development Plan is the stautory policy framework against which planning applications and other development proposals will be assessed.
In Lichfield District, the development plan is comprised of:
- The Regional Spatial Strategy 2008,
- The Staffordshire Structure plan 2001,
- The Minerals and Waste local Plans and;
- The adopted Lichfield Local Plan.
The Development Plans team is responsible for preparing and reviewing the development plan documents at the local level which sets out how land and buildings in an area should be used and provide the framework against which planning decisions are made.
In addition to plan preparation, the Development Plans team prepares planning briefs for development sites, Supplementary Planning, monitors development of new housing and employment land and provides the Council's input into regional and strategic planning. For up to date evidence, the Evidence Base section of the Local Development Framework is very useful.
- General Planning Policy Enquiries - 01543 308192
- Clare Eggington - Principal Development Plans Officer
- Elizabeth Boden - Principal Development Plans Officer
- Heidi Hollins - Senior Planning Officer
- Patrick Jervis - Planning Officer
- Fax: 01543 308200
- Email us
The New Local Plan
We are currently working on our Local Plan, which will help to make sure the district is developed in the right way. The new Local Plan Framework will replace the 1998 Local Plan. You can find out more information about the emerging Local Plan and view the representations received by following the link below.