Zoo establishment licence
Licenses for Zoo establishments
Any establishment which keeps animals for public display, (other than a circus or pet shop) requires a licence.
You must first complete a notification that you intend to apply and also publish a notice in a local newspaper as well as a national paper. Two months after the notification you can apply.
You may also require planning permission for a zoo.
The fee you will pay depends on the information you supply in your application. Guidance on how to calculate the fee is given in the form and you will pay it online.
The following supporting documents are required and can be uploaded:
- Site/location plan
- Plan showing proposed layout of the zoo
- Planning permission
- Animal accommodation plan
- Annotated drawing or plan of animal accommodation
- Entrances and exits plan
- Annotated drawing or plan of entrances and exits to the premises
- Stock list
- Press notice
- Public liability insurance certificate
- Employer's liabiity insurance certificate