Tree Enquiries and Tree Protection
There are trees which I think should be protected. What can I do?
Contact the Arboricultural team on 01543 308207 / 308185 giving details of the trees and the reasons why you think the trees should be protected.
The team will make an assesment and decide whether or not the trees form a prominent landscape feature in the area and also adds to the amenity of the area.
Pages in Tree Enquiries and Tree Protection
- 1. Frequently Asked Questions
- 2. What is a Tree Preservation Order or TPO?
- 3. What is the purpose of a Tree Preservation Order?
- 4. How can I find out if a tree is covered by an order?
- 5. If I see work being carried out on a protected tree, how can I find out if the owner has permission?
- 6. You are here: There are trees which I think should be protected. What can I do?
- 7. What restrictions are there in a Conservation Area?
- 8. What must I do if I want to fell or carry out works to a tree protected by a Tree Preservation Order?
- 9. Can I get compensation if my application to carry out work on protected trees/woodland is refused or conditions are imposed?