Alcohol & event licences

If you want to sell alcohol in the district you will need a licence. If you want to hold an event in the district you may also need a licence. Read our licensing policy to find out more.

If you have any questions, call 01543 308073/066 or email for more information, or visit the Home Office website  for further guidance.

Find out more below.

Back To Top

You will need a personal licence to sell alcohol for consumption on or off a premises which has a premises licence allowing the sale of alcohol.

Our forms are being updated, following changes in legislation. In the meantime, please visit for copies of the forms.

Personal licence downloads

Back To Top

A premises licence is required for any place offering public entertainment, films or plays, late night refreshment and/or alcohol.

View application guidance on

If you buy alcohol to sell on, you must check that the wholesaler or producer you buy it from is approved.

Premises licence downloads

Back To Top

Club premises certificate

A club premises certificate is required by a bona fide members' club providing public entertainment, films or plays and/or alcohol.

Club premises certificate downloads

Back To Top

You will need a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) if you want to carry out a ‘licensable activity’ on unlicensed premises in England or Wales (including trading from the street).

Licensable activities include, but are not limited to, selling alcohol, serving alcohol to members of a private club and providing entertainment, such as music or dancing.

You will also need a TEN if a particular licensable activity is not included in the terms of your existing licence, e.g. holding a wedding reception at a community centre.

Events with a TEN can last for up to 168 hours and must involve no more than 499 people.

You must give at least ten working days' notice, before the day on which the event period begins, for your application to be processed.

Click here to apply online on or download our temporary event notice form:

Temporary event notice downloads

Back To Top

Download the application for the review of a premises licence or club premises certificate.

Back To Top

Weekly list of premises licence applications

Download our weekly list of premises licence applications.

Services A - Z

See all services

Get in touch or visit...

Our location and travel details >>

Phone our contact centre: 01543 308 000
District Council House, Frog Lane, Lichfield, Staffs, WS13 6YY

If you need to contact a team direct, please visit our contacts page for team phone numbers and email addresses.

Opening times

Our main reception at Frog Lane in Lichfield is open Monday - Friday, 8.45am - 5.15pm.

© Copyright 2005 (Updated 2017) Lichfield District Council | AccessibilityPrivacy notice | Website feedback | Website terms