Skip to content

Sex shop and adult cinema licence

To run a sex shop (any premises selling sex toys, books or videos) or a venue where explicit films are shown to members of the public - you may need a licence. You may however apply to request the council to waive the requirement of a licence. When applying, you will need to provide an area street plan and an internal layout plan of the premises.

To apply, fill in our online application form.

You will be required to pay a fee to process your application. You can either pay online or send a cheque if applying by post.  Please contact the licensing team on 01543 308066 for more information or to find out the latest application fee.

Services A - ZSee all services
Get in touch or visit...

Our location and travel details >>

Phone our contact centre: 01543 308 000
District Council House, Frog Lane, Lichfield, Staffs, WS13 6YY

If you need to contact a team direct, please visit our contacts page for team phone numbers and email addresses.

Opening times

Our main reception at Frog Lane in Lichfield is open Monday - Friday, 8.45am - 5.15pm. Our phone lines close at 5pm.