Tattooing, piercing and electrolysis licence
If you own or run a business and want to carry out acupuncture, tattooing (including semi-permanent body tattooing), ear-piercing, body piercing or electrolysis in Lichfield District, you will need to be registered with us under the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982.
- Registration applies to the person and the premises.
- The licence will remain in force until either the business ceases to exist or registration is cancelled.
- It also includes body piercing and semi-permanent body tattooing (such as henna dyes, etc).
- The fee you will pay depends on the information you supply in your application.
- To find out what your fee will be, contact our team on 01543 308725.
Applicants will be required to pay a one-off registration fee, which covers the cost of administration and the inspection of the premises. The current fees are:
- Person - £80
- Person minor amendment - £20
- Premises - £170
You may require planning permission if building a new structure or significantly changing the use of existing building or land. For further advice please contact Development Control at Lichfield District Council on 01543 308174.
Skin treatment application - Personal
Skin treatment application - Premises