Information about services provided by other councils
Sometimes it can be confusing to know which council is responsible for your local services, as Lichfield District is also served by Staffordshire County Council and parish councils.
Every year we receive hundreds of requests that we cannot answer about services provided by other local councils - such as parish or the county council.
The main services provided by each council are listed below. Please check out the service lists below to find out who you need to send your FOI to:
Staffordshire County Council
We can't answer FOIs about services delivered by Staffordshire County Council including:
- Management of schools, nurseries and children centres.
- Support for vulnerable adults to live independently in their own homes.
- Children who need care.
- Maintenance of Staffordshire’s roads, street lights and illuminated signs, and oversees on-street car parking enforcement.
- Trading standards.
- Disposal of waste.
- Operation of waste and recycling sites.
- Libraries and mobile libraries.
- Public health.
Visit Staffordshire County Council's website.
- Christmas lights and switch-ons.
- Encouraging the arts.
- Parish events.
- Provision of allotments.
- Provision of village halls.
- Provision/maintenance of parish recreation grounds and play areas.
- Provision and maintenance of war memorials.
- Footpath signage and lighting.
- Creation of neighbourhood plans.
Find parish council contact details.
Lichfield District Council
We can answer FOIs about services delivered by us including:
- Collection of waste and recycling.
- Street cleansing.
- Maintenance of parks and open spaces.
- Collection of council tax and business rates.
- Administration of housing benefit and council tax support.
- Maintenance of car parks
- Provision/maintenance of public toilets.
- Leisure services and sports development - Burntwood & Friary Grange leisure centres are managed in partnership with Freedom Leisure Trust.
- Planning applications/process.
- Building control.
- Future development of the district.
- Support and guidance to businesses.
- Electoral register and administration of elections.
- Environmental health.
- Inspection of food and drink premises to make sure they are safe and hygienic.
- Support for people who are homeless.
- Tourist information service and tourism development.
- Community safety.
- Conservation and wildlife management at protected sites.