From Monday 20 March, everyone is invited to give their views on Lichfield District Council’s proposed Local Plan Allocations.
Local Plan Allocations is the second part of Lichfield District’s Local Plan and covers issues, from housing and employment land allocations through to reviewing planning policies used to determine planning applications.
As part of the consultation, which is running from 20 March to 12 May, Lichfield District Council is running a series of events across the district that are open to anyone, where planners will be on hand to talk through the proposals and answer questions. The council will also be putting on two small exhibitions at Lichfield and Burntwood libraries.
Councillor Ian Pritchard, Cabinet Member for Economic Growth, Development & Environment, said:
“It’s important that everyone gets engaged in the planning process and takes a look at our proposals and gives their views.
“We will consider all of the comments as part of the next stage in the process, and then we’ll send them to the independent planning inspector who will inspect the Local Plan Allocations along with any feedback.
“We hope plenty of people will take the opportunity to join us at the events, as they will be a good opportunity to talk through the proposals and find out how to give your views.”
The series of consultation events will run from 3.30pm to 6.30 on:
- Tuesday 21 March at Alrewas Village Hall – Tarmac Annex, Wellfield Road, Alrewas DE13 7HB
- Thursday 23 March at Mile Oak Community Centre – Youth Annex, Price Avenue, Mile Oak B78 3NL
- Monday 27 March at Lichfield District Council - Council Chamber, Frog Lane, Lichfield WS13 6YZ
- Friday 31 March at Whittington Village Hall, Langton Crescent, Whittington WS14 9LR
- Monday 3 April at The Old Mining College Centre, Queen Street, Chasetown WS7 4QH
- Tuesday 4 April at Fradley Village Hall, Church Lane, Fradley WS13 8NL
- Wednesday 5 April at St John the Baptist Church Hall, St John’s Hill, Shenstone WS14 0JB
- Friday 7 April at Armitage & District Royal British Legion Club, New Road, Armitage WS15 4BN
The Local Plan Allocations document and supporting technical reports will be available to view in reception of Lichfield District Council’s Frog Lane offices in Lichfield throughout the consultation period.
To read the Local Plan Allocations and find out how to give your comment online visit www.lichfielddc.gov.uk/allocations.
Please send any written comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Spatial Policy and Delivery, District Council House, Frog Lane, Lichfield WS13 6YZ.
The deadline to comment is by 5pm on Friday 12 May 2017.
Posted on Wednesday 15th March 2017