Get on your bike this month to join a free group cycle ride to Fisherwick Lakes.
The second in the series of seven free Cycle Rides for All will pedal off to Fisherwick Lakes and back on Sunday 23 April 2017.
Each month the group cycles to a new destination. The rides are graded from level 1, which are suitable for beginners, to level 4, which are for more experienced cyclists. This ride has been graded level two, which means it should be suitable for less experienced cyclists.
Councillor Andy Smith, Lichfield District Council’s Cabinet Member for Leisure & Parks, said:
“We hope plenty of people will join the second ride of the year. All the bikes receive a quick safety check by Freedom Cycles before setting off, to make sure they are roadworthy. We also recommend that safety helmets are worn and that you bring a packed lunch and drink, although there is a café stop on most of the rides.”
Anyone who wants to join the ride to Fisherwick Lakes should turn up with their bikes at Freedom Cycles’ new premises at Windsor Business Park on Trent Valley Road in Lichfield, on Sunday 23 April at 10am. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
To find out more, or to check whether a ride is taking place if the weather is uncertain, please call Freedom Cycles on 01543 411633 or Karl Sproston at Lichfield District Council on 01543 308846.
Cycle Rides for All is run in partnership by Lichfield District Council, Freedom Cycles and Lichfield ReCycle.
Programme of remaining rides in 2017
• 23 April, Fisherwick Lakes, meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am, 8.5 miles, level 2
• 21 May, Tour de Lichfield, meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am, 9 miles, level 2/3
• 25 June, Weeford and Packington Moor, meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am, 23 miles, level 4
• 30 July, Chasewater taster ride, meet at Burntwood Leisure Centre at 11am, 6 miles, level 2
• 20 August, National Memorial Arboretum, meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am, 15 miles, level 3
• 17 September, Fradley Junction, meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am, 12 miles, level 2
Posted on Wednesday 12th April 2017