The monthly Sunday cycle rides programme, Cycle Rides for All, is back for 2018.
Cycle Rides for All is launching on Sunday 25 March with a three and a half mile Lichfield taster ride setting off from Beacon Park.
This event signals the start of a series of seven free monthly cycle rides that take place towards the end of the month, from March to September.
Each month the group cycles to a new destination, including around Lichfield and Burntwood, and to Fisherwick Lakes, Chasewater, the National Memorial Arboretum and Fradley Junction and back again.
The rides are graded from level 1, which are suitable for beginners, to level 4, which are for more experienced cyclists.
Councillor Iain Eadie, Lichfield District Council’s Cabinet Member for Leisure, said:
“Cycling is a great way to get some exercise and to visit some fantastic places across the district. So it’s great to see the new season on cycle rides start up again. We hope plenty of people will join in and enjoy the first ride around Lichfield.
“All the bikes receive a quick safety check by Freedom Cycles before setting off, to make sure they are roadworthy. We also recommend that safety helmets are worn and that you bring a packed lunch and drink, although there is a café stop on most rides.”
Anyone who wants to join the Lichfield taster ride should turn up with their bikes at Beacon Park in Lichfield on Sunday 25 March at 11am. This ride is graded level 1, which means it is suitable for all including beginners. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
To see the full Cycle Rides for All programme, please visit www.lichfielddc.gov.uk/cyclerides
To find out more, or to check whether a ride is taking place if the weather is uncertain, please call Lichfield District Council’s parks team on 01543 308846 or Freedom Cycles on 01543 411633.
Cycle Rides for All is run in partnership by Lichfield District Council, Freedom Cycles and Lichfield ReCycle.
Cycle Rides For All 2018 programme:
- Lichfield Taster Ride on Sunday 25 March - meet at Beacon Park at 11am – 3.5 miles, Level 1
- Fisherwick Lakes on Sunday 29 April - meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am – 8.5 miles, Level 2
- Tour de Lichfield on Sunday 20 May - meet at Curborough Community Centre at 10am – 11 miles, level 3
- Chasewater on Sunday 24 June - meet at Beacon Park at 10am – 20 miles, level 4, or Burntwood leisure centre 11am – 6 miles, level 1
- Burntwood Taster Ride on Sunday 29 July - meet at Burntwood Leisure Centre at 11am – 6 miles, level 1
- National Memorial Arboretum on Sunday 19 August - meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am – 15 miles, level 3
- Fradley Junction on Sunday 30 September - meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am -12 miles, level 2
*Please be aware that the routes may change depending on leader availability. An alternative route may be offered if there are not enough ride leaders. Please double check www.lichfielddc.gov.uk/cyclerides
before each ride.
Posted on Friday 9th March 2018