The monthly Sunday cycle rides programme, Cycle Rides for All, is back for 2019.
This year’s Cycle Rides for All will launch on Sunday 24 March with a five-mile Lichfield taster ride setting off from Beacon Park.
This event signals the start of a series of seven free monthly cycle rides that take place towards the end of the month, from March to September.
Each month the group cycles to a new destination, including around Lichfield and Burntwood, and to Fisherwick Lakes, Chasewater, Hints, the National Memorial Arboretum and Fradley Junction and back again.
The rides are graded from level 1, which are suitable for beginners, to level 4, which are for more experienced cyclists.
Jamie Dodd, Health & Wellbeing Activator for Lichfield District Council, said:
“Cycling is a great way to get some exercise and to visit some fantastic places across the district. I hope plenty of people come along to our first ride of the season round Lichfield.
“All the bikes get a quick safety check by Freedom Cycles before setting off, to make sure they are roadworthy. We also recommend wearing safety helmets and that you bring a packed lunch and drink, although there is a café stop on most rides.”
Anyone who wants to join the Lichfield taster ride should turn up with their bikes at Beacon Park in Lichfield on Sunday 24 March at 11am. This ride is graded level 1, which means it is suitable for all including beginners. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
To see the full Cycle Rides for All programme, please visit www.lichfielddc.gov.uk/cyclerides.
To find out more, or to check whether a ride is taking place if the weather is uncertain, please call Lichfield District Council’s parks team on 01543 308846 or Freedom Cycles on 01543 411633.
Cycle Rides for All is run in partnership by Lichfield District Council, Freedom Cycles and Lichfield ReCycle.
Cycle Rides For All 2019 programme:
- Lichfield Taster Ride on Sunday 24 March - meet at Beacon Park at 11am - 5 miles, Level 1
- Fisherwick Lakes on Sunday 28 April - meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am - 10 miles, Level 2
- Tour de Lichfield on Sunday 19 May - Freedom Cycles at 10am - 12 miles, level 3
- Strawberry Cabin, Hints on Sunday 30 June - meet at Beacon Park at 10am - 24 miles, level 4
- Burntwood Taster Ride on Sunday 28 July - meet at Burntwood Leisure Centre at 11am - 6 miles, level 1
- Fradley Junction on Sunday 18 August - meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am - 12 miles, level 2
- National Memorial Arboretum on Sunday 29 September - meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am - 15 miles, level 3
Posted on Thursday 14th March 2019