Skip to content

Report a change of address

If you receive help with your rent through us (housing benefit) and/or help towards your council tax bill (local council tax support) you need to let us know if you move home within Lichfield District - this is so we can transfer your claim to your new address. 

If you are moving out of the area, you will need to contact your new local council about the help you can apply for.

How to tell us you have moved

Your application will start from the day that you start living at your new property. To report a change of address you will need to provide the following information:

  • surname
  • date of birth
  • national insurance number
  • postcode
  • claim reference

You will also need to provide:

  • details of any changes since your last application, including any changes in household members
  • evidence of rent, if you are liable to pay rent on your new home (such as your rent book or new tenancy agreement)

Update your address details now

Please read our full privacy notice before you make your application.

To update your address details, visit our online application portal and choose 'report a change of address'.

Please note: our system is not available between 2am and 2.15am (Monday - Thursdays) and 2am and 4am (early Saturday mornings) allow for daily maintenance to take place. Please do not attempt to use this service between these times or you may lose your data. Thank you.

Services A - ZSee all services
Get in touch or visit...

Our location and travel details >>

Phone our contact centre: 01543 308 000
District Council House, Frog Lane, Lichfield, Staffs, WS13 6YY

If you need to contact a team direct, please visit our contacts page for team phone numbers and email addresses.

Opening times

Our main reception at Frog Lane in Lichfield is open Monday - Friday, 8.45am - 5.15pm. Our phone lines close at 5pm.