Protecting yourself against fraudsters
Frauds can be committed over the phone and in person, with people often being tricked into giving out personal information and banking details.
- Your bank and the police will never ask for your PIN number
- Your bank will never send a courier to your home
- Your bank and the police will never collect your bank card
- Never send money to claim a prize
- Always protect your personal information
- Say no to over the phone offers if you are unsure they are legitimate or they sound too good to be true
- Do not have too much personal information on social media accounts such as Facebook
- Turn bluetooth off mobile phones also install anti-virus software
If you receive a call which claims to be from your bank and they ask for these details, please end the call straightaway and report it.
Find out more about possible frauds and how to report them at http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ or call Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.