Small Projects Fund
The Small Projects Fund is available to statutory, voluntary and community organisations who wish to deliver a project that will assist Lichfield District Safer Community Partnership to make our district even safer. Applications are restricted to a maximum of £500 however under exceptional circumstances that amount can be increased.
In order to qualify the project should promote community involvement, thereby promoting stronger communities and demonstrate a problem solving approach to reducing crime and disorder and the fear of crime.
The project must meet at least one of Lichfield District Community Safety Priorities as set out in the Lichfield District Community Safety Delivery Plan (which can be found on this website):
- Increase feelings of Safety - To increase feelings of safety, particularly after dark, thereby improving quality of life for residents.
- Support vulnerable members of the community - To provide support to members of the community who are most at-risk and need the most support, particularly victims of violent and serious acquisitive crimes.
- Target high crime areas including businesses
- Reduce the impact of the misuse of alcohol and other substances particularly among young people.
- Reducing Reoffending - To tackle the causes of offending behaviour and break the destructive cycle of crime.
It must also meet at least one of the four Police and Crime Commissioner's priority areas set out in the Commissioner's 'Safer, Fairer, United Communities for Staffordshire' Strategy for 2013 - 2018. These are:
- Early intervention - tackling root causes before they become a problem
- Supporting victims and witnesses - making it easier for victims and witnesses to receive the support they need
- Managing offenders - preventing offending in the first place and reducing the likelihood of offending
- Public confidence - making sure everything that happens contributes to individuals and communities feeling safer and reassured
For more information on how to apply for the funding please see the guidelines and application form.