Disabled adaptations advice and grants

If you are disabled and need financial help to adapt your home, you may be eligible for a Disabled Facilities grant.

The grant is a mandatory means tested grant, with criteria set out in legislation. They are used to adapt an existing property to meet the needs of a disabled person. The maximum grant available is £30,000.  

How to apply for a grant 

If you would like to be considered for a disabled facilities grant, you will first need to be assessed by an occupational therapist. The occupational therapist will assess any needs you may have and will advise on the works needed to adapt your home.

To contact an occupational therapist, please call Staffordshire Cares on 0300 111 8010 or visit: www.staffordshirecares.info

Who carries out the adaptations work?

We work in partnership with Revival Home Improvement Agency to deliver our adaptations service. For more information please contact Revival on 0333 014 3389 or email revival@staffshousing.org.uk

More on Home improvements and repairs

Services A - Z

See all services

Get in touch or visit...

Our location and travel details >>

Phone our contact centre: 01543 308 000
District Council House, Frog Lane, Lichfield, Staffs, WS13 6YY

If you need to contact a team direct, please visit our contacts page for team phone numbers and email addresses.

Opening times

Our main reception at Frog Lane in Lichfield is open Monday - Friday, 8.45am - 5.15pm.

© Copyright 2005 (updated 2018) Lichfield District Council | AccessibilityPrivacy notice | Website feedback | Website terms