Whilst relaying your problems to another individual has been a basic human remedial response for centuries, talking therapies only started to be considered as serious ‘therapeutic’ interventions at the beginning of the 20th century.
Since then counselling and psychotherapy have come an extraordinarily long way and more and more individuals are beginning to feel comfortable and confident enough to come forward and seek help for their problems.
Though this is extremely positive, Counselling Directory understand that taking those first steps, doing that research, choosing a qualified practitioner and initiating contact can be a daunting process - especially if you don’t know where to look, or indeed, what it is that you are looking for.
They know how important it is to find the perfect counsellor, and are dedicated to making that process as simple as possible, providing individuals in need with all of the information they require to make the most well informed decisions.
Counselling Directory provides you with:
- a nationwide database of qualified and insured counsellors and psychotherapists.
- a detailed library of fact-sheets featuring information about the areas of distress in which counselling and psychotherapy may be of use.
- a therapies area that details the types of counselling and psychotherapy that are used by practitioners.
- full profiles for each counsellor and psychotherapist including background information, specialist areas, fees and location.
- a comprehensive yet quick and easy search that allows individuals to search by radius and refine using different filters.
- a helpful FAQs section, providing those in need with the answers they require.
- useful articles section in which practitioners can share helpful information and their views.
- latest news section featuring a summary of related media headlines.
- counselling events section for the public and professionals, featuring details of counselling related events in your local area.
Visit the Counselling Directory website.