Supported housing for ex-offenders
Nacro Stoke-on-Trent Supported Housing helps homeless people and those at risk of getting involved in crime to access good supported housing and to stay out of trouble.
The service is designed to support a range of people; those leaving prison, ex-offenders, young people who have been looked after by local authorities, people with mental health problems. Applicants must be aged between 17 and 64.
- a resettlement plan tailored to individual needs
- training and support to develop independent living skills
- help with claiming benefits, accessing services and finding work
- support to access and maintain tenancies in independent accommodation
- the chance to manage your own tenancy and increase your independence
- advice on welfare benefits
- help with claiming any benefits to which you may be entitled, including housing benefit, income support and jobseekers’ allowance
- advice on employment, education and training opportunities
- advice on managing your money
- advice on accessing services, including drug or alcohol services
- help with making, mending or maintaining friendships and relationships
- help with your domestic skills, including cooking, cleaning and personal hygiene
- help with maintaining your tenancy, including reporting repairs and paying rent
- help with dealing with legal issues, including compliance with court orders
- help with looking for alternative accommodation
Address: 59-60 Church Street, Tamworth, Staffordshire B79 7DF
Telephone: 01827 56420
Fax: 01827 51587
Resettlement plus helpline: 020 7840 6464 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Visit the Nacro website.