Cycle rides for all
The monthly Sunday cycle rides programme, Cycle Rides For All, is back for 2018.
Cycle Rides for All is launching on Sunday 25 March with a three and a half mile Lichfield taster ride setting off from Beacon Park.
This event signals the start of free monthly cycle rides that take place towards the end of the month, from March to September.
Each month the group cycles to a new destination, including round Lichfield and Burntwood or to Chasewater, Fisherwick Lakes, the National Memorial Arboretum and Fradley Junction and back again.
The rides are graded from level 1, which are suitable for beginners, to level 4, which are for more experienced cyclists.
The meeting places are: Beacon Park in Lichfield, Curborough Community Centre in Lichfield, Freedom Cycles in Windsor Business Park in Lichfield and Burntwood Leisure Centre.
Just turn up at the designated time and meeting place with your bike as well as a snack/lunch/drink. We recommend wearing a cycling helmet.
To find out more, or to check whether a ride is taking place if the weather is uncertain, please call Freedom Cycles on 01543 411633 or the parks team on 01543 308846.
Cycle Rides For All 2018 programme:
- Lichfield taster ride on Sunday 25 March - meet at Beacon Park at 11am - 3.5 miles, Level 1
- Fisherwick Lakes on Sunday 29 April - meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am - 8.5 miles, Level 2
- Tour de Lichfield on Sunday 20 May - meet at Curborough Community Centre at 10am - 11 miles, level 3
- Chasewater on Sunday 24 June - meet at Beacon Park at 10am - 20 miles, level 4, or Burntwood leisure centre - meet at 11am - 6 miles, level 1
- Burntwood taster ride on Sunday 29 July - meet at Burntwood Leisure Centre at 11am - 6 miles, level 1
- National Memorial Arboretum on Sunday 19 August - meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am - 15 miles, level 3
- Fradley Junction on Sunday 30 September - meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am - 12 miles, level 2
*Please note, all rides are subject to change, depending on leader availability. We may offer an alternative route if we don't have enough ride leaders. We'll post more information on this page if a ride is changed.
Cycle Rides for All is run in partnership by Lichfield District Council, Freedom Cycles and Lichfield ReCycle.