Designated premises supervisor

All businesses and organisations selling or supplying alcohol, except for members clubs and certain community premises will also need to have a designated premises supervisor (DPS) named on their licence.

A DPS is the person who has day-to-day responsibility for the running of the business and is responsible for authorising the alcohol sales.

A designated premises supervisor must hold a personal licence.

This section details how to:

If you hold a premises licence and your designated premises supervisor leaves the premises, or no longer wants to be named as DPS, you will need to apply to vary the DPS on your premises licence immediately.