Housing benefit and local council tax support
What is the benefits cap?
The cap is £384.62 per week for a couple/family with children, and £257.69 per week for a single person.
Are there any exceptions?
The benefit cap does not apply where any household member receives:
- Disability living allowance
- Personal independence payments
- Attendance allowance
- The support part of employment and support allowance
- Working tax credit
- War widows/widowers pensions
- Armed Forces Compensation Scheme/Independence Payment
- Industrial Injuries Benefit (or equivalent as part of a War Disablement Pension)
- UC payment for ‘limited capability for work and work- related activity’
For more information please visit the Department for Work & Pensions website.