Housing benefit and local council tax support

What is supported accommodation?

Supported accommodation is where the body/person providing the accommodation is also providing the claimant with care, support or supervision and can be provided by:

  • a housing association
  • a registered charity
  • a not-for-profit voluntary organisation
  • an English non-metropolitan county council