Housing benefit and local council tax support

Discretionary housing payments

We have a small pot of funding to help people in real need with their housing costs.

This means, even if you already receive housing benefit, you may be able to get some extra money called 'discretionary housing payment' (DHP).  

You may also be able to apply for help if you are moving into a smaller house because your housing benefit has been cut.

The funding is not enough to support everyone, but if you are in real need we recommend you find out more.