Report benefits fraud

How to report fraud

Housing benefit fraud is investigated by the Department for Work & Pensions. 

If you suspect someone may be committing benefit fraud, please report it. You can report a suspected fraud in three ways:

  1. Online on the government website.
  2. By phone or text phone: Contact the National Benefit Fraud Hotline on 0800 854 440. Your call is free and confidential, you do not have to give your name or address. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8.00am to 6.00pm.
    If you have speech or hearing problems you can use a text phone service on 0800 328 0512 or Welsh speakers can call on 0800 678 3722.
  3. In writing: NBFH, PO Box 224, Preston PR1 1GP