Can I still apply for housing benefit?
Certain people can still apply for housing benefit, instead of universal credit.
You should apply to us for housing benefit if:
- You are of state pension age (find out more about changes that affect couples where one has reached state pension age and the other has not)
- You live in supported accommodation - find out more
- You live in temporary council homeless accommodation
- You already receive a severe disability premium in your income support, income-related employment support allowance, income-based jobseekers allowance or housing benefit – find out more
- You can also apply for help towards your council tax bill at the same time.
*Please note: Our system is not available between 2am and 2.15am (Monday - Thursdays) and 2am and 4am (early Saturday mornings) allow for daily maintenance to take place. Please do not attempt to use this service between these times or you may lose your data.