Advice for businesses - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Where to get business advice
Guidance for employees, employers and businesses in providing advice about COVID-19 has been provided on the government website.
GBSLEP Growth Hub
If you are concerned about the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on your business, the Greater Birmingham and Solihull Growth Hub can offer guidance and support to ensure you are prepared to act quickly as the situation develops. They can update you on the latest support being offered by the government and also help you to continue operating.
Call the helpline on 0800 032 3488
Email the GBSLEP Growth Hub or get in touch with one of the Growth Hub account managers directly:
SSLEP Growth Hub
The Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire Growth Hub offers business support information for companies concerned or affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. It includes:
- Business resilience
- Budget announcements and key measures
- Key measures for COVID-19 support
- Grant support and rebates
- Online resources for businesses and employers
Greater Birmingham Chamber of Commerce
The Greater Birmingham Chamber of Commerce has released guidance on the following:
- impact for businesses
- advice for businesses
- government advice
- Greater Birmingham Chamber of Commerce's policy
Staffordshire Chamber of Commerce
The Staffordshire Chamber of Commerce has created a coronavirus toolkit in response to the outbreak. It includes: actions businesses can take to prepare, advice and best practice from national organisations and useful links.
Actions businesses can take to prepare include:
- Do a risk assessment. Look at your supply chain, identify vulnerabilities if supplies are interrupted and make contingency plans.
- You also need to consider cash flow if there’s a risk that your business model will be disrupted. It’s better to discuss these issues with your bank now and make provision if you’re going to need an extended overdraft, for example.
Federation of Small Businesses
The Federation of Small Businesses has developed a resource to provide advice to small businesses and their members about COVID-19. The guidance offers help on:
- COVID-19 (coronavirus)
- how to help prevent spread of all respiratory infections including COVID-19
- what to do if someone with suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 has been in a workplace setting
- what advice to give to individuals who have travelled to specific areas, as outlined by the chief medical officer
- advice for the certification of absence from work resulting from COVID-19