Expanding business and workforce grant
Grants available and eligible project costs
The programme limits awards to one grant per SME within the business growth programme 2.
Business Growth Programme 2 (BGP2) grants are awarded to projects where applications are able to demonstrate viability, need, sustainability and new investment. Eligible expenditure has to be linked directly to the growth of the business and a BGP2 project has to create new jobs.
Eligible expenditure is as follows:
For Existing SMEs/Start-Ups:
- Capital Expenditure - the purchase of capital equipment, improvements in systems or processes and the application of innovative advanced technology.
- Market Development - assistance for carrying out studies, product branding and logo, business stationery, marketing materials and attendance at exhibitions and trade fairs.
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) – View the BIS guide to BIM here.
- New Product Development* - assistance towards concept development, testing, prototyping and product launch.
- Relocation/Expansion - relocation costs, internal refurbishment of current or new/additional premises.
*New Product Development excludes R & D SMEs.
It is recommended that before completing an application form, you contact your local partner who can offer free advice and support to discuss your project and the expenditure in more detail.