Small business grants up to £1,500
The Lichfield District small business grant scheme offers grants of between £500 and £1,500 to local small businesses and start-ups looking at overcoming financial barriers to growth.
The grants, which need to be match-funded, can be spent on:
- marketing such as leaflets, website, banners or advertising
- IT software and hardware - excluding laptops, computers, mobiles and tablets
- office equipment such as desks, filing cabinets or chairs
- professional qualifications or training
- equipment to support product or process development and business growth
Previous successful applicants have applied for the following:
- Capital equipment: An amplivox, a commercial cleaning unit, weighing scales, equipment for catering classes, projectors, printers, laptops and mobiles (within the first two rounds as these items were eligible) and blenders.
- Marketing purposes: Physical marketing – Exhibition stands, newspapers, leaflets and business cards. Digital marketing – Paid for advertising on social media and website creation.
- Professional qualifications or training: A course to provide additional services or sell specific products.
The scheme is running up until 2021, with a pot of £20,000 funding available for each financial year, with £5,000 being allocated per round - find out more about deadline dates.
A maximum of 50% of the costs of the total project can be applied for (overall project cost is capped at £3,000 to get the maximum grant).
Applicants will need to outline their business expansion plan, and how the grant will help achieve this, including how the grant will be used to support business growth and create jobs.
Round five’s closing date for applications is 29 November 2019