Lichfield city centre masterplan - delivery plan 2021-2026
The city centre masterplan covers the period up to 2040.
The delivery plan will set out the short, medium and long term targets for delivery.
As stated previously, work programmes and attainment of agreed milestones/targets will be reviewed on a 12 monthly basis. This is scheduled to be each January.
The priority areas in the first year of the plan (January 2021-January 2022) will be:
- Delivery of a car parking strategy with a programme of operational projects emanating from it to be established.
- Delivery of a public realm strategy with a programme of projects emanating from it to be established.
- Delivery of a green infrastructure strategy with a programme of projects emanating from it to be established.
- Delivery of a feasibility study for the Birmingham Road Gateway site completed, scheme design, public consultation events, consideration of the procurement of developer/contractor.
- Work undertaken on the pedestrianisation project including completion of a feasibility study and work on design proposals.
Each of these projects will have a detailed programme included within the PID for that project which will ensure that the anticipated delivery timescales of each project are met.
In addition and alongside these, work will also take place to determine the future of our District Council House site.