City centre development strategy 2015 - 2020
Organisations across Lichfield are signed up to the Lichfield City Centre Development Strategy.
The strategy was created with the help of the Tourism Company, one of the UK’s leading tourism consultancies with town planning expertise. The team involved and interviewed over 20 key organisations and individuals, including local councillors, Lichfield Cathedral, the Lichfield Garrick, Lichfield Arts, Lichfield BID, Lichfield Festival, LEPs, landowners and more.
- Is referenced in the district council’s local planning framework.
- Ensures key funders (such as HLF) understand how projects and funding bids fit together.
- Ensures the long-term success of existing and new developments, as well as the city as a whole.
- Maximises opportunities to increase tourism and trade in the city centre area.
- Supports combined marketing, branding and promotion within the city.
About the partnership
The Lichfield City Centre Development Partnership:
- Provides a forum that will enable partners to work together on important issues and developments.
- Enables positive and regular communications on city based issues between key partners.
- Ensures partners are working together or alongside each other to deliver shared goals.
- Provides a forum for local organisations to feed into city centre developments, to ensure they reflect users and local needs.
If you have any questions, please email Tourism Manager at Lichfield District Council, [email protected]