Nominate a community asset
The community right to bid allows voluntary and community organisations to nominate privately and publicly owned assets for inclusion on a register of assets of community value.
We can only consider nominations from certain organisations. These are:
- Parish and town councils.
- Unincorporated bodies – with at least 21 individual members who appear on the council’s electoral roll.
- Neighbourhood forums – as described in the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
The following categories of Community Interest Groups (CIGS) with a local connection:
- A charity.
- A community interest company.
- A company limited by guarantee that is non-profit distributing (in this context non-profit distributing means that any surplus is not distributed to its members, but is wholly or partly applied to the district council's area, or to a neighbouring local authority area).
- An industrial and provident society that is non-profit distributing.