Anti-social behaviour

What we do and what you can do

We have a range of powers under the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 to deal with anti-social behaviour. View details of these powers on the website.

We can also provide a range of actions including:

  • mediation
  • referrals to support services
  • warnings
  • enforcement by the use of legal powers through the courts.

Please read our privacy notice to find out more details about what information we collect and how it is stored.

What you can do 

It is important to accept and understand the different lifestyles of other people.

Many neighbour disputes and complaints are misunderstandings or one-off events, which can be easily resolved by just speaking to each other.

We have powers to tackle anti-social behaviour, however, we do not have powers to deal with all complaints we receive about neighbours.

If you have a problem with a neighbour, you should try to speak to them about the situation before involving other agencies.

For issues involving boundaries, land or property ownership you should get civil advice from a solicitor or can contact the Citizens Advice Bureau on 03444 111 444

If you feel you have been the victim of anti-social behaviour you can contact Victim Support on 07960 204366 for specialist support and advice.