Coronavirus (COVID-19): Public health advice
To help control the virus, and protect yourself and others, when you leave home you must:
- wash hands - keep washing your hands regularly
- cover face - wear a face covering over your nose and mouth in enclosed spaces
- make space - stay at least a metre away from people not in your household
If you are experience symptoms, book a test and do not leave home for 14 days.
WhatsApp information service
The government has set up a WhatsApp information service for latest information etc. Send Hi to 0786006442
- Guidance for households with possible infection
- How test and trace works
- Guidance for the public on mental health and wellbeing
- Advice for social distancing
- When to wear a face covering and how to make one
- Protecting vulnerable people (shielding)
- Information for those with learning difficulties
- A coronavirus fact sheet for children
- More guidance
Testing for coronavirus
If you are showing coronavirus symptoms you are now eligible to book a swab test to find out if you have the virus.
If you know anybody in England or Wales without internet access, a new telephone service is available to book - just tell them to dial 119.