Bromford support with Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Bromford is the largest provider of affordable homes in Lichfield and have a dedicated team working really hard to ensure customers feel supported, and face as little service disruption as possible, throughout this unprecedented time.
Following the government’s update on 18 May 2020, and as the country starts to come out of lockdown on a phased basis, Bromford is beginning the safe and gradual reopening of its services.
- You can now start to report any non-urgent repairs around your home. The Bromford team is currently working through a backlog of requests which means they will be booking these jobs in first as well as continuing to prioritise emergency and safety critical repairs. It may take them longer than normal to complete your repair so please bear with them as they return services to their usual levels of operation.
- Parts of Bromford’s planned maintenance programme is also resuming. This will initially focus on external and common area works such as cyclical painting followed by window and door replacements. The next phase will then look at how they can safely reintroduce kitchen and bathroom upgrades and they hope to be in a position to start this in June
- All grounds maintenance work will return to normal on a phased basis as the Bromford team work through a backlog of requests. Maintaining communal areas will be particularly important for people’s wellbeing as we enter the summer months so this will remain a priority
- The crisis has shown the importance of having a place to call home and Bromford is beginning to recommence its lettings service which will start with them contacting any customers who are currently under offer for a home with a view to arranging a moving in date
- Construction teams have started returning to site and Bromford anticipates that all sites will be back by the end of June, albeit on a reduced capacity as the industry resets itself
For all the latest information on service changes, please visit the frequently asked questions (FAQ) page on the Bromford website. Bromford would urge you to continue getting in touch with your neighbourhood coach in the first instance, as you normally would. Find out who your neighbourhood coach is on Bromford's website.
Bromford have also compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) on their Coronavirus Hub to answer any burning queries you may have. It covers everything from repairs, to rent, to tips on how to entertain yourself during a period of self-isolation.