#LoveLocal for the public
We are continuing to work to make sure your local shopping centres are covid-secure.
This includes helping businesses to carry out risk assessments and putting social distancing measures in place.
We are also working hard to keep public spaces clean and tidy so you feel safe when out and about.
It’s been amazing to see communities coming together through the pandemic, and we hope everyone will support their local economy and shop local!
Safer shopping and visiting checklist
Please keep this checklist in mind to help you enjoy your next trip to support your local high street.
Before you leave home:
- Read the latest government guidance
- Double check opening times – some businesses have new hours
- Prepare to book – you may need to book a table in a restaurant or visitor attraction
- Check you have your face covering (unless you are exempt) and hand sanitiser
- Keep a safe distance from others
- Prepare to queue outside some stores
- Use hand sanitiser and carry extra
- Make contactless payments if possible
- Wear a face covering in indoor spaces and if travelling on public transport
- Try to keep left if passing someone
- Only socialise in groups of up to six (if not part of your household or bubble) and maintain social distancing
- Please use a bin or take your litter home
- Stay home if you have Covid-19 symptoms
We look forward to welcoming you back to your local high street.
Show you #LoveLocal on social media
We're asking our residents to show their favourite shops some love and post about it on social media. Here's some 'We love our local shops' imagery your could tweet or post.