Support for businesses - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
High Street Business Growth Grant
The High Street Business Growth Grant is a grant of up to £20,000 available to businesses that occupy a commercial unit on the ground floor of one of Lichfield District’s high streets, with applicants having to provide at least 25% of the total project costs.
This includes retail, hairdressers and barbers, nail, beauty and tattoo parlours, bars, restaurants, cafes, estate agents, solicitors, insurance firms etc.
The funding is to be spent on growth plans with eligible costs as follows:
- Capital items such as fixtures & fittings; signage; frontage etc.
- New technology
Ineligible project costs is as follows:
- Items which don’t support the businesses growth plans
- Laptops, tablets or mobile phones
- Ongoing premises or business costs e.g. rents, business rates, insurance, utility bills
- Towards rent, lease or mortgages
- Any other activities or costs that the council deem to be ineligible
- Any activities or costs that are seen to be counterproductive to the Council’s ambitions, strategies and policies
To complete this form, you will need to:
- Outline your expansion plans and the eligible project items you are seeking to purchase towards achieving your plans.
- Explain how your project and these items shall support your businesses growth.
- Provide the cost of the eligible project items and evidence of this cost.
- Provide evidence of match funding being available (in the form of the latest monthly bank statement).
- If you require planning permission or building control approval, evidence of this.
Applications shall be assessed as soon as they are received. It is suggested to submit your application early as it is a limited funding pot and the last date applications can be submitted is Monday 31 January 2022.
It is a limited funding pot which is first come, first serve. If applications outweigh the amount available, the application process shall be closed.
Any questions or queries with regards to the scheme, please email email@example.com