Support for businesses - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Christmas support payment for wet-led pubs
This scheme closed 28 February 2020.
On 1 December 2020, the government announced additional support over the festive period for wet-led pubs under tier 2 and 3 restrictions. This scheme covers the period from 2 December to 29 December 2020 and is a one off payment of £1,000.
You can apply for this grant if you pay business rates to us and your business meets ALL of the following criteria:
- You were the rate payer on the 1 December 2020.
- You were trading on 30 November 2020 (albeit closed due to lockdown).
- Under 50% of your income is derived from food sales.
- Under normal circumstances (without local or national restrictions) you would:
- be open to the general public
- allow free entry, other than when occasional entertainment is provided
- allow drinking without requiring food to be consumed and permit drinks to be purchased from the bar.
Businesses who have had other local restrictions support grants can also receive this grant.
You must be the business rates payer – that is the person named on the business rates bill. If the business rates bill is in the name of a company, the person that applies for the grant must hold a position of responsibility within the company and be authorised to make the claim on behalf of the business.
You must be able to provide your accounts, covering a period when trade was not affected by COVID-19, (pre 11 March 2020) to evidence that less than 50% of the income is derived from food sales.
Businesses that are excluded include:
- businesses that are in administration, insolvent or where a striking off notice has been made
- snack bars
- boarding houses
- sporting venues
- music venues
- festival sites
- exhibition halls
- concert halls
These exclusions are not intended to be exhaustive and it will be for us to determine those cases where eligibility is unclear.
State aid limits
Any business that has reached the limits of payments permissible under the De Minimis and the UK Covid-19 Temporary State Aid Framework will not be able to receive further grant funding.
This means that your business may not receive more than €800,000 in Covid-19 grant funding. Find out more about state aid.