Air quality management
Tips to reduce air pollution
There are many things you can do to help reduce air pollution, where the smallest action can result in large benefits that improve the quality of life for yourself, your family and others.
Think before you drive
- Switch your engine off and cut down on short trips to save on fuel and money.
- Walk or cycle, with the added benefit of keeping fit and healthy – many cycle routes are off-road away from the pollution.
- Use public transport if you can.
- Consider leaving your car at home one day a week.
- Regularly check your tyre pressure to improve fuel consumption.
- Car share - go shopping with neighbours or take a colleague to work.
Improve the energy efficiency of your home or workplace
Improving the energy efficiency of your home or workplace can help reduce energy bills, as well as reducing emissions associated with power generation.