Chief executive and leadership team
The role of leadership team
The role of the leadership team is to lead the organisation to achieve the goals of the council as set out in our strategic plan.
All members of leadership team work to:
- Enshrine our values, leading by example and embedding them across the council.
- Bring influence to bear on all material business decisions to ensure immediate and longer term implications, opportunities and risks are fully considered, and aligned with our strategic plan 2016.
- Empower managers to innovate and be creative.
- Develop and implement strategy and deliver our strategic objectives sustainably and in the public interest.
- Look to the future.
- Gather and share information and learning.
- Ensure a ‘one council’ perspective is applied and on a consistent basis.
- Connect, and jointly lead, with cabinet.
- Challenge and scrutinise policy decisions leading to proper decision making and value for money.