Council tax energy rebate
A one off payment will be made to a liable council taxpayer for each household which meet the following criteria and will be based on our records on the 1 April 2022:
It is valued in council tax bands A to D. This includes property that is valued in band E but has an alternative valuation band of band D, as a result of the disabled band reduction scheme and
- The property is occupied as someone’s only or main home and
- It is a chargeable dwelling, or in exemption classes:
- N (occupied only by full time students),
- S (occupied only by persons under the age of 18
- U (occupied only by persons with a severe mentally impairment
- W (an annex to a property occupied by the dependant relative of the person living in the main property)
A property that meets all the criteria but has a nil council tax liability as a result of local council tax support, will be eligible.
It will not be paid to:
- A property that has no permanent resident and is someone’s second home
- An unoccupied property (for the purposes of calculating council tax)
- Or where the council taxpayer is a local authority, corporate body or other body such as a housing association, the government or government body.