Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions are in addition to any specific entry instructions or terms applying to the specific competition and in the event of inconsistency these Terms shall overule.
To enter a competition all entrants must comply with the entry requirements set out in the Competition Information and these Terms. The entrant acknowledges that failure to comply with the Competition Information or these Terms may result in his/her disqualification from the competition.
By entering a competition each entrant agrees that they and their parent / guardian have read, understood and agree to the Competition Information and these Terms.
Lichfield District Council reserves the right to amend and update these Terms at their sole discretion from time to time and such changes will become effective as soon as they are published on the relevant site/publication.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise in the Competition Information these Terms apply to all competitions aimed at those aged 18 or under, run by Lichfield District Council or any group companies wholly or partially owned by Lichfield District Council
- Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Information, the competition is open to all individuals under 18 years old who are residents of Great Britain and Ireland. Further restrictions for certain competitions regarding age and residence may be specified in the individual competition information and shall take precedence over these Terms.
- Entrants must have the consent of a parent or guardian over 18 to enter the competition. Lichfield District Council reserves the right to obtain proof of such consent and to refuse entry or to choose another winner if such proof, where requested, has not been given.
- Lichfield District Council has the right at any time to require entrants to provide proof of identity as evidence of eligibility to participate. If an entrant fails to comply with a request for proof of identity, or provides false or misleading information, the Communications Director or Marketing Officer may at their discretion, disqualify the entrant from the competition, or, where appropriate allocate the prize to another eligible entrant. Such decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into about a decision regarding eligibility.
- Unless otherwise stated, entrants may make as many entries to a competition as they wish. Entries must be submitted in accordance with the format specified in the Competition Information.
- The competition is free to enter. Lichfield District Council is not liable for any associated cost to entrants or their parents and/or guardians of entering a competition.
- Entrants (including the Winner) hereby assign all intellectual property rights (if any) and waive all moral rights in their entry to Lichfield District Council. Lichfield District Council is unable to return any entries submitted unless expressly agreed otherwise.
- Lichfield District Council accepts no responsibility for entries that are delayed, or which are not received for any reason and has no liability in respect of any incomplete entries that are received. Incomplete entries will not be counted and will be discarded. Lichfield District Council has no responsibility to inform any entrant that their entry is incomplete and not valid for entry to the competition.
- By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information they submit is correct and not obscene or offensive or otherwise in breach of any third party rights and Lichfield District Council reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants. Lichfield District Council reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the competition if it believes (in its sole discretion) that such entrant has breached any of these Terms.
- The closing date for entries will be specified in the Competition Information (and may be extended at the absolute discretion of Lichfield District Council) and winners will be notified within 28 days of the closing date (or such other date specified in the Competition Information). Any late entries will not be accepted but the participant may still incur any associated costs.
- Prizes are subject to availability. No cash alternative is available. Lichfield District Council reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value than that advertised. The prizes are not transferrable and non-negotiable.
- Unless stated otherwise in the Competition Information Lichfield District Council accepts no responsibility for any costs or expenses incurred by the winner, their guests, or parents/guardians in connection with claiming any prize won in the competition (including travel to and from any event).
Selection of winner
- For competitions, entries will be judged by a panel of judges, unless subject to a public vote.
- Unless expressed otherwise in the Competition Information, if, for any reason, Lichfield District Council is unable to contact a winner or the winner’s parent/guardian to inform them that they have won a competition, or if a winner or their parent/guardian does not contact Lichfield District Council within a reasonable period of Lichfield District Council sending notification to such winner to confirm acceptance of a prize, then Lichfield District Council reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to select an alternative winner.
- The judges’ decision is final and binding in all matters regarding the competition (including in the event of a dispute) and Lichfield District Council will not enter into any correspondence or discussion with entrants.
- Names of winners and results of competitions may be published by Lichfield District Council in our relevant publications and/or on our relevant online channels.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law Lichfield District Council does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with regard to the competition prizes or any information, service or product provided in connection with a competition.
- Entrants (including the winner) shall not do anything that could damage or harm the reputation of Lichfield District Council, any of their magazines or publications, or any products included as part of the competition prize.
- The competition is governed by English law and any disputes arising in connection with the competition and/or these Terms will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Use of Data
- Entrants and their parents/guardians agree that (if they win) they may be asked take part in such reasonable competition-related publicity as Lichfield District Council may require and accept that Lichfield District Council may publicise their entry, including photos or images submitted as part of their entry, names, likeness, photographs and statements in connection with/resulting from the competition in any and all media. Entrants shall not enter into any correspondence or give interviews with any third party on any matters arising from the competition, without the prior written permission of Lichfield District Council.
- Lichfield District Council and/or third party promoters for the competition may use data supplied by entrants to process the competition, inform winning participants of their winning entry, distribute prizes and, where the relevant marketing permissions have been collected, to contact entrants in relation to other competitions it runs or to market products or services it believes may be of interest to them.
- Entry into this Competition shall constitute consent to the uses of data contained in these Terms.
- This outlines the basis on which Lichfield District Council will process any personal data it collects from entrants or that entrants provide toLichfield District Council. Please read this carefully and if entrants or their parents/guardians have any questions, or would like to request a paper copy of the policy to be sent to them.