Councillor Local Community Fund
The following can be funded:
- Projects that provide local solutions to local needs.
- One-off events that benefit the local community and support community resilience.
- Current projects/activities that need a small amount of support to continue or grow.
- Capital items (equipment, materials etc.).
- New projects and activities that need some funding to get going.
- Projects that stimulate new community activity, such as setting up new local community events and clubs.
The following cannot be funded:
- Projects or activities that will only benefit an individual or an individual family or a private business.
- Political organisations or associated groups and campaigning/lobbying organisations.
- Projects or activities that are the statutory responsibility of another public sector organisation.
- Projects or activities that have already taken place.
- A councillor cannot fund a group or activity where they have a pecuniary interest (relating to money) as defined by the code of conduct for members.