Gambling Act consultation
This consultation is now closed
- Lichfield District wide
The Gambling Act 2005 affects anybody operating premises or organising events that involve commercial gambling. As the local licensing authority, we are required to carry out our functions under the act with a view to promoting three licensing objectives. These objectives are:
- Preventing gambling from being a source of crime or disorder, being associated with crime or disorder or being used to support crime, prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, the prevention of public nuisance and the protection of children from harm.
- Ensuring that gambling is conducted in a fair and open way.
- Protecting children and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited by gambling.
As the licensing authority we are required to publish a new statement of principles policy at least every 3 years under the Gambling Act 2005. The draft policy sets out the principles by which we, as a Licensing Authority will discharge our functions under the Act.
Please email our Licensing team email@example.com with your opinions.
We welcome your views on the revised policy but also remind you that the Act precludes us from considering comments of the following nature:
- moral objections: we cannot take into account comments based on a dislike of gambling, or a general view that it is undesirable to allow gambling premises in the borough
- demand: we cannot take into account issues around the demand or need for gambling premises in the conurbation.