Community governance review - draft recommendations (stage 2 consultation)
This consultation is now closed
- Lichfield District wide
We invited residents and interested organisations to submit their views on existing arrangements and suggest proposals for change. This was between 1 February and 25 April 2022.
In arriving at recommendations following the responses received, a community governance review is required to take into account:
- the impact of community governance arrangements on community cohesion
- the size, population and boundaries of a local community or parish
The proposed governance arrangements also aim to be:
- reflective of the identities and interests of the community in that area; and
- effective and convenient
The draft recommendations are made in reference to:
- the responses received
- the Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007
- guidance provided by the National Association of Local Councils (NALC)
- guidance provided by the Boundary Commission for England.
This second consultation invites feedback on the proposed recommendations before they are made into final recommendations in October 2022. The deadline for responses is Friday 9 September 2022.