Dog control public spaces protection order consultation
This consultation is now closed
- Lichfield District wide
We are seeking views from Lichfield District residents about plans to create a new dog public spaces protection order.
If approved, the order would:
- Create dog exclusion zones, which would ban dogs from being taken into local playgrounds, particularly those designed for younger children.
- Require anyone in charge of a dog in a public place to be able to prove they have a way to clean up dog mess, such as carrying a bag with them.
- Require anyone in charge of a dog to clean up any resulting dog mess in a public area and put it in a litter or dog waste bin or take it home with them if one is not available.
Dog exclusion zones are proposed in the following play areas:
- Beacon Park's junior play area only
- Darnford Park play area
- Saddlers Wood play area
- Stowe Pool junior play area only
- Stychbrook Park play area
- Darwin Park play areas
- Chase Terrace Park play area
- Burntwood Park play area
- Hawksyard play area
If approved, it would be a criminal offence not to comply with the order, which could lead to a fixed penalty notice of £80 or even a prosecution and a fine of up to £1,000.
To have your say on the proposed dog public space protection order, please email [email protected] by 5 March 2021.