There are a number of elections taking place on 6 May 2021:
- Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner Elections (rescheduled from May 2020)
- Staffordshire County Council elections – 8 divisions
- Lichfield City (Stowe ward) parish by-election
- Summerfield & All Saints district by-election
- Burntwood neighbourhood planning referendum
- Notice of election agents' names and offices - county election
- Notice of election agents' names and offices - ward by-election
- Notice of election agent names - PFCC
- Statement of persons nominated - PFCC
- Statement of persons nominated - Stowe parish city council by-election
- Statement of persons nominated - Staffordshire county council
- Statement of persons nominated - Summerfield and All Saints ward, district council
To vote in the elections, you must first be registered to vote - you can register to vote online in just 5 minutes. The deadline for voter registration applications is 19 April 2021 for this election.
You can then vote in the following ways:
- in a polling station
- vote by post (application deadline is 5pm on 20 April 2021, including changes/cancellations)
- appoint someone you trust to vote on your behalf, known as a proxy vote (application deadline 5pm on 27 April 2021).
The first batch of postal vote packs will be posted on 19 April 2021 for applications received by 8 April. For postal vote applications received after 8 April 2021, the postal vote packs will be posted on 26 April. When you receive your postal vote pack please note the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioners pack is combined with the Staffordshire County Council election, but there will be individual postal vote packs for the district, parish and Burntwood Planning Referendum. All documents must be returned for your vote to be valid. Please do not mix up documents between packs.