Have you been flooded?
Property flood resilience grants
This scheme can provide grants of up to £5,000 to make adaptations to increase flood resilience for residential and business properties within the Lichfield District.
The aim is to reduce the risk of future flooding and make the clean-up easier and cheaper if future flooding does occur. The grant will not be awarded for flood repairs.
- Property must have been flooded in February 2020
- Property must be within the Lichfield District
- Owners of residential and business properties may apply
How the scheme works
- Make an application online.
- Appoint an independent surveyor to assess for flood resilience (up to £500 of total award available to cover this).
- Provide assessment to the local authority.
- In principal decision will be made.
- If grant for the work is not awarded, the cost of the survey remains the property owner’s responsibility and will not be reimbursed.
- Works are carried out.
- Following completion of the work and a satisfactory post-installation survey (completed by your independent surveyor) grant payment can be made.
Sharing your information
We will hold your information in confidence in accordance with our data protection policy.
We may share submitted information of successful applicants with DEFRA, The Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government and the Environment Agency.