Useful links for event management
From licensing to street closures, there is a lot of information to help you organise an event.
- Alcohol events and licences
- Street trading
- Temporary road/street closures
- Application for a consent to display an advertisement
- Highways Network Management - events on or near the highway info pack
- Guidance on running events safely from the HSE - Health and Safety Executive
- Security at events guidance from SIA - the Security Industry Authority
The Purple Guide is an online resource that aims to help event organisers to manage health and safety, particularly at large-scale music and similar events. There is a subscription of £25 plus VAT for 12 months' access to the website, including all updates and additional guidance that may be added during that period.