Register for a housing association home with Homes Direct
Who can't use the Homes Direct service?
You can't use the Homes Direct service unless you have been accepted onto the housing register.
You will also not able to join the housing register/will be removed or suspended from the register if:
- you are subject to immigration control under the 1996 Asylum and Immigration Act
- you are from abroad and not subject to immigration control, but are not habitually resident in the UK, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland
- you have been guilty of unacceptable behaviour that makes you unsuitable to be a tenant (including members of your household)
- you that have refused two offers of accommodation (suspended for 12 months)
- you do not turn up to viewings without a good reason
- you do not respond to offers of accommodation
For more detailed information contact Homes Direct on 0345 602 0540
From April 2021, Homes Direct will be replaced by a new lettings system called Lichfield District Homes which will be managed by Lichfield District Council. Registration will open in March 2021.
The Lichfield District Homes website will advertise the majority of available homes across the Lichfield District but residents can also register direct with housing providers.
If you have any enquiries please read through the frequently asked questions section on the Homes Direct website or email Bromford.