Charity collection permits

If you wish to collect for charities, either on our city/town streets or house-to-house, you will need a permit.

Charitable collections licensing is regulated by two acts of parliament. These are the ‘Police, Factories, etc., (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1916’, which regulates collections of money or sales of articles for charitable purposes in streets and public places and ‘The House to House Collections Act 1939’ which regulates collections of money or other articles made by means of going from house to house. 

Charities must obtain a permit or licence from us before a charitable collection takes place.

For further information about charity permits, please contact our licensing team by calling 01543 308073 or email [email protected]